Transferring iTunes music files to a thumb drive

Reaction score
Not sure if this is the right forum...I'm new to MacForum so feel free to direct me to the right discussion forum.

Is there any way to download the music files from a playlist in iTunes to a USB drive? I just bought a new Pioneer car stereo that can play music from a USB drive and would like to try it out.

I know I can simply plug my iPhone into the USB port but I thought it would be great to keep a set of 'driving' tunes in the car.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Yes, just access your iTunes, highlight the tracks you want, and drag them across onto the drive.
I'm not sure if it will keep them organised in the order you have them in the playlist though. Unlikely, as there is obviously no software to do so.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 10.6.2 (2.4 Ghz) | Time Capsule 500GB
Unlikely, as there is obviously no software to do so.

Would be great if you could. Wouldn't have to constantly hide you ipod or take it with you after parking.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Would be great if you could. Wouldn't have to constantly hide you ipod or take it with you after parking.

Well, depending on the player you are using, you will have shuffle etc, but if you have them in a set order on the drive (numbered 1,2 etc) then it will play through in that order no doubt.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.