Using iPhone as a Wireless Webcam

Reaction score
My goal is to use my iPhone as a wireless webcam.

There are two software applications out there to turn your Symbian/Windows-based smartphones into wireless webcams: Mobiola and Wwigo. They connect to your computer via BlueTooth or Wi-Fi. But I can't find an iPhone app that does the same thing. The closest iPhone app I can find is PhoneCam, which uploads the pictures automatically to a website through FTP, but it does not link to a computer as a webcam.

Has anyone heard anything about an iPhone app that does this? If not, my guess is that Apple has specifically chosen to not allow someone to develop an App like this, perhaps because they want to allow for a wireless webcam market specifically for macs, like this one BT-1 Bluetooth Webcam - Wireless Webcam for Mac. Any Apple reps out there that could speak to this?

Background: I am planning on using this to take pictures of bulky inventory items that I can't drag in front of my computer web cam, so that I can walk outside with my iPhone, and what iPhone sees is displayed on my computer, and then the picture taken is saved directly into my inventory program and paired with the item.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.