Restoring HDD

Reaction score
hello friends
my story goes like this.." few months ago i did partition my HDD and install windows in that 32GB partition after a while i removed it and restore my HDD as one with help of Bootcamp. then i did partition again and install Ubuntu. now yet again i want to restore it as one HDD but boot camp not helping it and giving me massage like this

The startup disk cannot be partitioned or restored to single partition
The startup disk must be formatted as a single Mac OS Extended (Journaled) volume or already partitioned by Boot Camp Assistant for installing Windows.

when i open Disk utility i can see these partitions (Macintosh HDD, BOOTCAMP, DISK0S4, DISKOS5, LINUX SWAP)

Can anyone help me to restore as one HDD.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It looks like you have four additional partitions plus your MacIntosh HD which totals five. What you can try is this: (make sure you back up your MacIntosh HD before you start to do anything)

Boot your machine with your install DVD. (Leopard or Snow Leopard) Do not proceed to the OS installation step. Choose Utilities, Disk Utility, from the top menu.

Delete the Boot Camp partition and the three Linux partitions. After deleting them, drag the partition line from your MacIntosh HD so that it fills the entire disk. In other words, so that you have one partition - your MacIntosh HD.

Reboot the machine from your hard drive to see if you have succeeded in restoring everything back to normal. If not, you may have to wipe the entire hard drive and reinstall OS X and all your applications.

Regards.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Great. Glad you got it working again. If you really want to install Ubuntu on your machine and not have the problems you went through again, try the EFI boot loader called "rEFIt". It's free and works great. Download from here.

Have fun and regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.