iTunes library

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21.5" with Retina 4K Display, 3.1GHz i5, 16GB RAM, 256GB Flash Storage Late 2015
I just did a clean install of Snow Leopard and when I started iTunes for the first time I went through the set up. However none of my music is showing. I then connected my iTouch thinking I could just sync that to my iMac. The only choice I am given is to replace my iTouch content with my iMac content which is nothing. I attempted to replace my ITunes library from my Time Machine backup but restore seems to not be working or allowed. I then tried the Migration assistant. I selected to only backup files, no settings or applications or users. The migration assistant does not provide a way to select specific files and only wants to restore everything, which seems to be contrary to the idea of doing a clean install. So what am I missing. Can I get my old iTunes library back or not?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
When you do a clean install your music wont be in iTunes ..
so you have tried
yourhomefolder>music>iTunes>itunes media>music in your TM backups and tried dragging them back ???

OP
kentsb
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21.5" with Retina 4K Display, 3.1GHz i5, 16GB RAM, 256GB Flash Storage Late 2015
ITunes library

I can see files in my TM backup. I can select a file when clicking on restore nothing happens. Also attempting to drag a file does nothing.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.