Adding artwork to MP3s without iTunes?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in MBP 2.5GHz Core2Duo | 1.83Ghz Dual G5 PowerMac | 2.0 GHz Dual G5 PowerMac
I have all of my albums that i have both downloaded and ripped backed up onto one of my hard drives. A good majority of these mp3s don't have artwork attached to them. Is there a software out there that i can add the artwork to them, without pulling them into iTunes? I tried doing it through "Get info" but couldn't figure it out. Any suggestions are appreciated!

Reaction score
Get info should be very straight forward. Just click on the album than select artwork. Than click add, choose an image and your done.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
OP
mknabster
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in MBP 2.5GHz Core2Duo | 1.83Ghz Dual G5 PowerMac | 2.0 GHz Dual G5 PowerMac
I actually found this one called Media Rage to work really well, i was able to batch it all and do it fairly quickly.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 266ghz, 4gig, 320gigHD, MacBook, 2.4ghz,250gigHD,4gigRam
I use SongBird instead of iTunes because I can listen to a whole album without checking off all the boxes and you can easily add art work. The way I do it is I do a Yahoo image search by ether album or artist when I see a cover I like I click and drag to my desktop, open SongBird and drag photo to the lower left corner , Presto album cover..

HTH, Rick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.