removing scratches from alum unibody?

Reaction score
Hey,

I was wondering if there is anyway to remove the Small scratches in the body of my aluminum macbook. its got several across the bottom from being in my back pack, no dents or deep scratches, jut looks like they barely scratched the surface. cant really even feel them. is there anyway to fix the scratches?

if and when i fix the scratches i plan on getting a case right away for it going forward. any help would be great!

thanks.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I have a pre-unibody MacBook Pro, but the texture of the surface is pretty much the same. This has been brought up a number of times here, but I've never seen a good solution. The consensus seems to be that if you use some sort of abrasive, you'll mar the finish. It's a shame how easily these things scratch. I had mine for about 2 weeks before I ordered an 'Invisible Shield' and yet I still managed to get a couple of scratches on the bottom of it.

OP
B
Reaction score
aw dang i wasn't sure if it was brought up much, i haven't seen it on here before. i did look at the ibook sticky and it talked about maintenance and they recommended the "icleaner" which is meant for ipod scratches and things. i was wondering if that is a possible solution.. again these scratches are small nothing deep, just annoying..

and yes these things scratch on the smallest things.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Yeah, I've heard good things about that iKlear (I think this is what you're referring to), but am not sure how good it is about taking out scratches.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
I would say you are one of the luckier ones. At least you won't be obsessing about it getting scratched now. >_<"

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.