difference Between Time Capsule & AirPort Extreme Base Station ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book Pro
Can someone explain the difference Between Time Capsule & AirPort Extreme Base Station ?
I know the fact the Time Capsule have a HD in built and AirPort Extreme Base Station does not
but what i am trying to find out is that, does the Time Capsule work similar to
AirPort Extreme Base Station in terms to WIFI to TCP/IP as well and data sharing with other devices too at the same time or not ???

Thanks for you help in advance :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
The TC is a combined Airport base station and networked drive, simple as that.

Wikipedia
The Time Capsule is a fully-featured 802.11n Wi-Fi base station[5] and supports all the same features as the AirPort Extreme Base Station, featuring the same set of ports on the back. Modifications upon the design of the AirPort Extreme Base Station include the addition of the storage hard drive for backups and NAS type file storage which will be available to both Macs and PCs (after installing supplied drivers) on the network.

OP
singh_1885
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book Pro
so does that mean can i access Tc and media drive at the same time and share the devices as well

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Do you mean can you access the wireless features of Time Capsule and its hard drive at the same time? Yes. I the Time Capsule's hard drive as shared storage for my network. Although I usually access it wired I can access it wirelessly.

OP
singh_1885
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book Pro
So you mean i can access internet, access hard drive and share the drive with other devices at the same time with no hassle !!!

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
No hassle - wouldn't guarantee it.

But, my TC is setup 100' from my D-Link which provides all DHCP services, however it does provide me with a 2nd wifi 'n' network for my Macs, both of which back up to it via Time Machine. It also provides internet access via ethernet to my Win7 HTPC, HD-DVD player, Blu-Ray player and satellite receiver.

Mine is a 1st gen, 1TB model, close to 2 years old now... so far it has been a flawless addition to my setup.

OP
singh_1885
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book Pro
Sound Mate

thanks again now i can happily buy it !!!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.