Weird typing problem

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Mac Os X 10.5.8 2.13 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 2 GB 800 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
Hello again,

After I performed a Flash player downgrade on my MacBook because I couldn't see some games, I noticed (and I don't know if it is even related to the problem) that I can't type the @ anymore on firefox. When I do it, it takes me to the next open tab.

I can type it in Chrome and in any other program such as word.

Any ideas???

Thank you!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, and Macbook Pro
That's really strange. The keyboard shortcut in FF for next tab is Ctrl+Tab. There is no way to customize keyboard shortcuts in FF. So somehow FF is mistaking your Shift+2 for Ctrl+Tab. Try the Character Viewer/Punctuation and "type" an "@" using your mouse. Does that perform a next tab too?

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Mac Os X 10.5.8 2.13 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 2 GB 800 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
It is so so strange, I decided to ask!

I should've said I'm using a Spanish keyboard, thus, alt +2 should give me the @ character. If I do cmd+2 it takes me to the next tab. Sometimes when I type alt+2 it takes me to the next tab, and sometimes it doesn't do anything.

I tried using the screen keyboard and I get the same.

I also tried switching to another Spanish layout (such as LatinAmerican) but got the same results.

Can't think of anything else!!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.