Starting the new year with a 13" MBP (:

Reaction score
I am speechless. (Thankfully I can still type :p).

I wanted to purchase my MBP online but I didn't want to wait for shipping (even though it's about two days). My obsession with wanting to have one on the 1st of January got the better of me. (I purchased one at a local store). Needless to say I am the proud owner of a 13" MBP :D! I'm very excited starting the new year with a computer / OS that I have never used before.

I was going to dedicate the whole evening to setting up the MBP. I even unplugged my phone so no one would bother me :)D). I am just amazed at how quick the setup went. It took no longer than 10 minutes. The first thing I thought of doing is coming here and posting a thank you for the recommendations and for all the help.

I guess now that I have a whole bunch of time left over from expecting 2+ hours of installing and configuring - what do I do :D? What do you guys do when you first do a reinstall of OS X or purchase a new Mac?

Man ... I must say, I love the smell of new hardware! *SNIFF* It's a breath of fresh air!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Well congrats ..... We know what your New Years Resolution was... lol

Well just sit there and play with it.... get to know your new machine and tweak it to how you want it. Highly customisable ... Download CandyBar and customise your dock... That should take you a cpl hours of playing ..

DeviantArt is a good place to start with icons, wallpapers and such ..

Welcome to the community :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
I found the many tutorials on Apple's website quite useful. They will show you shortcuts and handy ways of doing all kinds of stuff. I believe it's called Mac 101. Check it out and enjoy your new Mac. Congrats!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 13"
Congrats! my xmas present to myself was the macbook so I am also a noob to the macworld but loving it so far!
I love how everything is so customizable :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Congrats! my xmas present to myself was the macbook so I am also a noob to the macworld but loving it so far!
I love how everything is so customizable :)

And welcome to you too suself :) enjoy the great little forum we have hear ..

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Unibody 2.26 Dual, 2GB RAM, 250 GB HDD
I like my new Macbook because it does not crash 15 times per day like Windows and Linux!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.