Wireless problems, of course (adding an extreme)

Reaction score
I have had this imac connected to this extreme before. Then my ex to the extreme for her laptop, now i have it back. Long story short, the light on the base station flashes amber. Airport utility says i'm connected to my network and the network is connected to the internet via ethernet, which is correct I assume. I have a cable modem.

However I can't get on the internet. Network diagnostics just goes in circles and nothing ever works.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book Pro
did you selected when setting up in airport utility that i use dsl or cable Modem with a static IP address or DHCP !!!!

Reaction score
did you try a hard reset of the AE? I find the AE's a bit finicky when they start to misbehave, and usually find the fastest way back is hard (i.e., factory) reset (using a paperclip or pen point to push in the little button on the back for 10 seconds until the lite blinks fast amber) and starting over.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
did you try a hard reset of the AE? I find the AE's a bit finicky when they start to misbehave, and usually find the fastest way back is hard (i.e., factory) reset (using a paperclip or pen point to push in the little button on the back for 10 seconds until the lite blinks fast amber) and starting over.

As i recall one model requires that you power on while holding reset button - check your AE paperwork

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.