Need a new motherboard to 2 months old macbook pro!!! =(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro OS X 10.6
I am one unlucky ****er. I manage to place my new macbook pro at a table with a little kinder-chocolate (,still in its papir,) under it.. And of course the chocolate melted and didn't went on the table at all. No, it went straight into the mac from behind. And when I opened it up the motherboard was the lucky outermost part which got a delicious chocolate-bath :[
But it didn't went black or anything. There was a 1x2 cm part of the motherboard covered by chocolate. I tried to clean it, but bc I am a stupid ****ing n00b I manage to destroy it by not removing the battery during cleaning. ( I didn't remove it due to a message printed on the battery: "DANGER! DO NOT REMOVE THE BATTERY!" ) So, by cleaning it with the battery still inside, it went from being fully-working (but with chocolate inside) to being a non-working mac without any chocolate inside it.

It will be turned on, but nothing happens with the screen or anything.

So, I need to know of places on the net where I can buy a new motherboard, without using my mac's serial #. Somebody have any ideas?

Reaction score
i dont think the mother board can be replaced. your warranty is voided. congrats, either way you're out 2000 bucks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Would be taking it to Genius Bar and see for sure if its had it or if they can do ANYTHING.
ANYTHING is better than buying a completely new MBP

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Unibody 2.26 Dual, 2GB RAM, 250 GB HDD
Maybe just show them the motherboard without mentioning the chocolate unless they ask specifically? lol

Reaction score
So, I need to know of places on the net where I can buy a new motherboard, without using my mac's serial #. Somebody have any ideas?

Even if it were possible to locate a new motherboard, why cant you use the serial#? What's wrong with it? Is it hot?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
The moisture dots will be red.. they'll know there was a spill (which cleaning it would have caused). Even if there they, by some miracle, aren't red.. they will certainly see the corrosion and water damage. The board will probably run between $800 - $1200 US. The warranty on it is now void.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27in. Dual Core 3.06GHz
Try to contact a local Apple repair shop if there's one near you and see if you can get an estimate on a repair.

If you do get another macbook or get it repaired, you might want to look into getting insurance coverage on it next time probably from www.safeware.com

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.