iBook + Video Gaming + Photo/Website Editing

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.67 Ghz 17" PB w/1 GB Ram; 400 MHz PM G4, 366Mhz iBook Firewire, Nano 4GB Black
A new iBook version may come out, I doubt a new Powerbook, the PB line was updated just a couple months ago, but iBooks are due for an update.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.67 Ghz 17" PB w/1 GB Ram; 400 MHz PM G4, 366Mhz iBook Firewire, Nano 4GB Black
The new version of Golive, Golive CS2 is awesome. It blows both the old version, dreamweaver, and frontpage out of the water. I highly recomend trying the 30 day trial off the Adobe website.

OP
M

mnm2004bft

I'd have to learn the coding...

I'll just stick around till the KeyNote next month and hope for the best.

If theres price drops in the 15" PowerBook then that'll be great. As for the iBook, I'm hoping for an updated graphics card and atleast 64MB of Video RAM.

Maybe a new design? I heard from someone here that iBooks are updated once every two years either in April or June, so I'll just wait it out. Whats this about dual G5's in iBooks? LOL 128-Bit Architecture, that would be so kickass :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
lol, dual G5s. That would be a really really awesome miracle. So what would the powerbook get then, 4 G5s? lol. Well, one can dream...

OP
M

mnm2004bft

lol i wish.. the ibook wuld dual G5'z would be like... $5,000 lol with like 1.25GB of both cpu and Video ram ::droollll: LOL ATI Radeon 9800 PRO + Silenced... your new God lol

OP
W

WireFire

Errrr....I dont really mean to burst anyones bubble here, and I know I am by far not the most expirenced mac user, but there is no way G5s would come out for iBooks any time that soon. G5s are rather large, far too large for a slim laptop. Plus, the PowerMacs and iMacs are not at G6 yet. I remeber hearing that the PowerBooks will get G5s long before the iBook. Correct me if I am wrong, but the 'Books may never get G5s, just a new mobile G4 chip. Also, I am pretty sure that the iBooks get updated more like 2x a year. The last iBook upgrade was something like 200 days ago.

OP
M

mnm2004bft

WireFire said:
Errrr....I dont really mean to burst anyones bubble here, and I know I am by far not the most expirenced mac user, but there is no way G5s would come out for iBooks any time that soon. G5s are rather large, far too large for a slim laptop. Plus, the PowerMacs and iMacs are not at G6 yet. I remeber hearing that the PowerBooks will get G5s long before the iBook. Correct me if I am wrong, but the 'Books may never get G5s, just a new mobile G4 chip. Also, I am pretty sure that the iBooks get updated more like 2x a year. The last iBook upgrade was something like 200 days ago.

lol no prob bro we were just... dreaming lol.. derr G5's cant fit in a laptop.. YET lol

so should i expect an ibook update next month at the keynote presentation?

OP
W

WireFire

Actually, mabey even sooner than a month. But yes, Keynote is the most likely place for it to be announced....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ibook g4 1.33, 768 ram
i really doubt that the ibooks video card is going to be moved up to 64vram. that is a major reason that people go to the powerbook over the ibook.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.