MobileMe nightmare

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2x3 Ghz Intel Dual Core - 10 GB ram - 10.6.2 OS X - FCS 2
How can I disable, turn off, remove, delete, eradicate, this pesky MobileMe alert that pops up every five min. or so?

I bought a used Mac pro dual 3Ghz, the machine and the apps are excellent and work perfect. That Mobile Me is the previous owner's.

He has left the country, no contact available. I have no name or password to enter the Mobile Me member, and I have no need for it.

This thing pops up in the middle of my editing, is there any way to make it stop? Ahhhhhhhh ! It just happened again while I'm typing this...

Screen shot 2010-01-01 at 10.39.51 AM.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Welcome to the Forum. Go into Sys Prefs/Accounts and set a new User account with Admin settings. Enable Fast User switching while in there and then select new User and log into that account. Then go onto Apple menu and log out of the original user with mobile me and then go back to accounts and delete the old User and it should be good then. That way you have a new User with no old data to sort.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
System Prefs > MobileMe > Remove any information in there or click the sign out button.

MM can be very insistent, and the machine is still trying to connect.

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2x3 Ghz Intel Dual Core - 10 GB ram - 10.6.2 OS X - FCS 2
Welcome to the Forum. Go into Sys Prefs/Accounts and set a new User account with Admin settings. Enable Fast User switching while in there and then select new User and log into that account. Then go onto Apple menu and log out of the original user with mobile me and then go back to accounts and delete the old User and it should be good then. That way you have a new User with no old data to sort.

I did the above and it worked!

However... the FCP project I was editing is gone, the start drive, and the other 3 Sata drives that I do my editing on are also gone - The sound will no longer come through the big speakers, only the little speaker inside the mac pro ***?

Please advise - I need to see these for my HD projects.

Thank you

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.