Glaring and oh sooo annoying safari omissions!!!

Reaction score
As I may have mentioned before I 've deserted my beloved opera to go with safari for more interoperability between macs.

I love safari, it's great but there are a couple of glaring omissions that no matter how many add ons I ve got (and I am using or testing 10-20 of them) I haven't found a work around for:

1. Impossibly miniscule fonts for bookmarks. I literally need a magnifying glass for them, on my 24" imac it's impossible to sort them out with these tiny fonts, I can't fathom how bad they are going to look on the new 27" ones. PLEASE, PLEASE, tell me a way to get the fonts larger for the bookmarks, even if it means a paid app, or getting a developer to do it for me.

2. I absolutely loved the minimum zoom function in opera. Very simple, very effective and straight forward: Set zoom to 120% then all windows load at this setting, so no more constant ctrl +. How hard is this for apple to do? This is one of the few cases where I think they are just plain idiots for not including this. Their larger macs such as the 24" and 27" are impossible to read without the zoom, why should we all be ctrl + our way a few hundred times a day?

It's insane really. I know all the minimum font and default font settings, but the former just don't work as well as the zoom and are pretty pointless unless you want most websites distorted, and the latter as far as my understanding goes just don't work on most websites. The zoom function is simply irreplaceable and there's absolutely no reason why setting this value as a default % is not an option.

Again I d love an add on for that, please tell me there is one, or someone make one for me and I ll pay them.

Thanks!

OP
A
Reaction score
ok second part of the problem fixed, make a .css file with zoom function in there and set it to a desired %.

But the bookmarks is still a major annoyance...sigh....

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.