boot camp followed by parallels/fusion?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac OS X v. 10.6.5
1. I am a new Mac user, bought 1 week ago (switching from PC). If I want use Boot Camp to load Windows 7, can I later switch to either Parallels or Fusion without a problem?

2. Does Boot Camp load and work easily?

3.Which is better, Parallels or Fusion?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27imac i7 8gig 4850, 2x24 imacs 4gig gt130, 15inch MBP 4gig 9600m, iphone, 3g,3gs,itouch
win 7 will load on new macs/bootcamp and run very well with little issues. There are a few hiccups during the initial installation pertaining to the graphics card, but google has the answers for it as well as the sound setup.

after win7 is up on bootcamp, u can use the same hard drive partition to later run fusion or parallels. I prefer fusion, but to each their own. there is also a free VM program called virtualbox. It is lightweight and very fast, but has less aesthetics and a few missing options imo.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
1. Yes. Both Parallels and Fusion offer a way to use your Boot Camp installation as a virtual machine.

2. Yes, just be sure to print out the Boot Camp instructions prior to actually installing it and Windows.

3. Purely subjective. Personally, I liked Fusion better, however, others will say the same about Parallels. Both have trial versions. I suggest giving them a test with the trial version before purchasing.

Also.... do not overlook the free VirtualBox from Sun Corp. While not as full featured as Parallels and Fusion, it offers a free alternative.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.