Can you run Logic Pro 9 on Mac G4

Reaction score
I've recently purchased a used power mac APG g4 400mhz that had 512mg ram I now that I know what program that I want to run the studio pro logic 9 I've expanded the ram to 1k but I'm running OSX 10.3 I need to run OSX 10.5 or better question is can this computer be upgraded to 10.5 and is the speed fast enough I don't want to waste my time and hard earned cash if it won't help I was thinking about getting a refurbished mac g5 once again if anybody can help me out I would appreciate it from one musician to another

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Simple answer: no. As per the system requirements here, Logic Studio requires an Intel processor which a G4 does not have (it has a PowerPC processor).

Reaction score
You need a minimum 1.25GHz G4 PowerPC just to run Logic Pro 8 alone! You could run an old version of Logic 7, but personally i reckon that you would still have problems with that 400mhz processor! If you want to run Logic studio 9 your going to need at least a 2GHz Intel Mac!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.