• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

iDVD project plus data storage?

Reaction score
I have a short movie i made in iMovie and I want to share it with the family on a DVD. However, there are a lot of pictures that I would also like to share with them.

Is it possible to make a DVD with a movie on it to play on the tv, and also picture files so they can copy them to their computer?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
In iDVD under the File menu use the 'Save as VIDEO_TS folder...'. When that process is finished, open up the folder you created, create a folder within the top level of that folder called something like Extras and place your graphics there. Remember that you are limited to the amount of space a real DVD will hold since you eventually will burn to one.

I use Toast to burn those, but Disk Utility may be usable here. I don't recall.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro (late 2008), OS 10.6.2, FCE 4.0.1, CS 1
Trolle: Please let us know how well xstep's process works in iDVD. Thanks

OP
T
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip. I should have the video done in a week or so I will let you know if it works.

Happy New Year.

OP
T
Reaction score
Well, I figured out a solution other than xstep's.

In iDVD under Advanced you can select Edit DVD-ROM contents. Under the pop-up window you can add folders and choose files to add to the DVD. Under Project on the main menu bar you can select Project Info and see how much space is utilized by the movie and other content.

Once you burn the DVD all will be added to the CD and you can play the DVD on your television/computer and on the computer choose the files that you have added.

This is exactly what I was looking for so that the family have all the pictures from our vacation, which were not included in the movie.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
Trolle, Thanks for that great reminder. I had forgotten about that. Glad to see you dug deeper. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.