Bootcamp gone wrong..

Reaction score
Hello! First of, I'm sorry if this ain't the right place to ask this question, anyways here I goes.

I installed bootcamp yesterday. I partitioned a windows partition in the bootcamp "pre-setup", inserted my Windows Home Edition CD and installed Windows XP. But, it doesn't ask me which OS to boot at start up.. It just keeps booting XP. And I can't get the Bootcamp software installed because it keeps saying there is a file missing and something about "Update". I don't want the XP partition. How do I boot up Mac OS (so that I may delete it, know how that's done). ?

Many many thanks!!

-TJP

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Press and hold the option key at bootup.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13.3" (2009), 2.53Ghz Core 2 Duo, 8GB 1066Mhz DDR3 RAM, 500GB Momentus XT Hybrid
Hold down the Option/Alt key at boot up, you can then choose whether you want to boot OS X or Windows.

Also, if you want to install the Mac Software on Windows, do a right-click on the CD and click on explore. Then select the setup for the Boot Camp drivers (if you don't, Windows will most likely try to install Bonjour.)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.