Trying to listen to BBC radio

Reaction score
OK...My wife likes to listen to the BBC & RTE radio on her computer. She has for years. When they were using real player it worked fine. Now they have changed to I player & it plays choppy....Goes for let's say 20 seconds stops then starts where it left off. I think the internet connection we have is doing it since it's dial up. That's all that we can get right now. They're promising high speed in the future. Is there another player I could get to listen to the stations or is there a way to fix this.....Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
There should be an option in the player window to use a lower bandwidth option. Have you tried that

iplayer.png

OP
C
Reaction score
Tried that. Is it possible to use another player like real player. That worked before they changed player.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 4Gb RAM, 1Tb Time Capsule. iPhone 3GS, Macbook
The BBC are 'considering' allowing other countries access to iPlayer. The system runs well generally, but can buffer when you start watching a programme or listen to a radio prog. Picture quality is excellent, the programmes are usually available for one week, as is the radio.
Have you tried the podcasts? Although many podcasts are now being changed, instead of the whole programme they are only recording 'the best bits.'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/

Reaction score
live bbc radio

hello all, the best and easiest site to listen to live bbc radio is:

http://www.bbcradio.mobi

You can easily stream bbc radio channels + sports in or outside the UK. You will find all channels in both real media, and windows media player. It also works very well with any internet connected mobile device. Iphone compatible.

Enjoy

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.