• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

X Box 360 vs PS3

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0Ghz, 160GB, 4GB RAM
Do you have a link to this?

Yeah that sounds amazing! Still bash out my Dreamcast every now and again :D

hey i put a password on my router so nobody can access my web w.o my password. my PS3 wont let me log on wireless even wen i put in the WPA key, i secured my router WPA not WEP....does anybody know how to solve this problem?!?!??????

Thanks,
-Anthony

How did you set it up!? If you did it manually try scanning and vice versa.

OP
I
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook /intel core 2 duo/ 2GB RAM/250GB HD/Snow Leopard...iPhone 4 (:
i did it auto, then manual...its being a pain in the assssss

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0Ghz, 160GB, 4GB RAM
i did it auto, then manual...its being a pain in the assssss

That's weird! Have you tried resetting the router after setting up your PS3. Because sometimes mine doesn't connect but after a couple of router restarts it works fine!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 Inch Apple MacBook Pro; 2.40 GHZ, 4GB Ram, 250GB HDD
I'll go with the PS3 I currently own one and think it is overall better, gameplay, other media stuff (movies, music, internet, etc) and of course Blu-Ray. But I think XBox 360 has more game options.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
I actually got a pretty fair amount for a trade-in credit @ EB Games to trade my Xbox 360 + games for a PS3 120gb Slim + extra controller + 2 games.. Yeah I go from 15 games to 2, but it was definitely worth it.

LIttle Big Planet is worth all the hype haha.. It's fun, and it's a co-op game my girl actually really enjoys. I also picked up the first Uncharted, and it's also fun. Kinda like Tomb Raider meets Gears of War (in the mechanics/take cover/3rd person sense).

Apart from the random errors I get when trying to download stuff, I have no regrets. Well, I was kinda upset that a NEXTGEN console did NOT come with ANY kind of HD cable... No HDMI, and no component.. Like REALLY???

OP
I
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook /intel core 2 duo/ 2GB RAM/250GB HD/Snow Leopard...iPhone 4 (:
That's weird! Have you tried resetting the router after setting up your PS3. Because sometimes mine doesn't connect but after a couple of router restarts it works fine!

it worked perfectly fine w.o the WEP KEY. once i put a WEP on it stopped working.....so i plugged the Ethernet in just to see if maybe the internet was screwed up, but no just wireless w. WEP :'(

Reaction score
I actually got a pretty fair amount for a trade-in credit @ EB Games to trade my Xbox 360 + games for a PS3 120gb Slim + extra controller + 2 games.. Yeah I go from 15 games to 2, but it was definitely worth it.

LIttle Big Planet is worth all the hype haha.. It's fun, and it's a co-op game my girl actually really enjoys. I also picked up the first Uncharted, and it's also fun. Kinda like Tomb Raider meets Gears of War (in the mechanics/take cover/3rd person sense).

Apart from the random errors I get when trying to download stuff, I have no regrets. Well, I was kinda upset that a NEXTGEN console did NOT come with ANY kind of HD cable... No HDMI, and no component.. Like REALLY???

There is a way to stop from getting the errors while downloading.. There is a setting that is probably checked that shouldn't really be checked.. I had the same problem when I first got my PS3 a couple years ago. I don't remember what it was, but google the problem and you should find your answer...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
Hey thanks for the head's up, I'll check it out later, I've got to go get an HDMI cable now..

Oh, and any one on PSN, my name is "punkicidal" .. i only have LBP and Uncharted haha

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" Imac, 3.06 GHz, 4GB DDR3
I bought the 360 because it seemed better value for money than the PS3 when it first came out. I know it has a lot of extras the 360 doesn't have but I don't really need those. My only disappointment is that Metal Gear was for the PS3 only :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
(27" iMac i5) (2011 15" MacBook Pro)
We're a PS3 family. We currently have 3 in the house. Prior to that we had an XBOX 360. We had to send it back twice for the RROD. It started acting up again so I said screw Microsoft and their crappy product. We've been happy PS3 owners ever since. (approximately 3 years).

I like the PS3 because it just works. Hey, where have we heard that before?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air M1 2020 Ventura 13.4.1 500Gb 8Gb. iPhone12, Watch 5, HomePods.
Crikey,
Is there anyone on this old thread that doesn't have a cool forum name?

Anyway, my daughter has an xbox360 and does those shoot-em-up thingy games but it's just not my bag.

You see I'm an old fogie and want things like F1, WRC and plane flying related stuff.

Should I go PS3 or xbox ?

Thanks in advance folks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.