Can I get credited for this....?white macbook problems

Reaction score
hello,

I have had my white macbook (the non unibody one) for just over a year now and I do have apple care. Like many people with this macbook, mine has been chipping on the palm rest. I have taken my macbook in 3 times now and the casing has been replaced free of charge. Thankfully the free part is convenient but because I am a college student, the 2 week wait that I have to go through is not. Also the fact that I have had to drive 30 minutes every 5 months to an apple store isn't so great and stressful. I'm really getting fed up since now I yet again have to go in and have the casing replaced and this is what I am curious about...

I want to ask apple if they can credit me at all for an upgrade to the white unibody. I feel that this is a stretch yet at the same time, understandable. My theory is that it is fact that it's apple's design flaw for the cracking...and me going in 10 more times over the life time of my mac, should cover the cost for them to credit me. Also, are they still going to have these replacement covers in the next year if I decide to keep my mac?

I'm just so frustrated over this whole situation..I try so hard to be as gentle as I can with my mac and nothing works. I just want this to stop!

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Since you have already tried taking your Mac to a shop it might be time for a different tack. I would suggest contacting Apple by phone and describing the issue and the steps you have already taken to resolve this issue. I can't guarantee they will replace your Mac but it is worth a shot.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15" 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo and 4GB Ram Running Snow Leopard
If your Mac has been sent away 3 times for the same problem it is def. time for a call to Applecare. Be polite and calm, explain your case, and tell them that you are not happy with sending your computer off again. Give the rep a chance to *offer* you a replacement computer before you come right our and ask for one. I ended up getting my MBP replaced after 3 send-ins over a DVD drive. Good luck!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.