New Macbook Ebay Purchase and Applecare

Reaction score
Hey all, I've done some searching on here and haven't been able to find an answer to my question. I apologize if I'm searching incorrectly and this has been covered before.

I'm considering the purchase of a new Macbook Pro from ebay to save a few bucks. I've read that Apple will honor the one year warranty on the laptop regardless, but I was curious whether I would be able to purchase AppleCare and be able to register is properly with a new Macbook Pro purchased on ebay.

Answers I've read on this seem unclear but I'm leaning towards the "It won't work." answer.

Thanks in advance and Happy New Year!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, and Macbook Pro
Sure. You can buy Apple Care as an accessory right on the Apple Store website. The only proviso I see is that Apple Care must be purchased while your computer is still under the one year warranty.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
VG is right. I also buy all my AppleCare from Fleabay. Just be careful and get it from someone with great feedback selling AppleCare. You will save a bunch.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.