Startup Problem on MacBook running Snow Leopard

Reaction score
Hi I am running into a problem that I cannot seem to find on any other forum. I am trying to start Snow Leopard and it is sitting on the apple logo screen with the progress indicator running forever. I have tried the following:

-Tried Starting in Safe Mode, with the same result
-Reset the NVRAM
-Started in Single User Mode and ran the disk check utility, did not help
then rebooted and waited, still hangs on the logo screen with the progress indicator running.

The only other thing I have done is trying to reboot in Verbose Mode, and every time the sequence stops after the following line:

Airport: RSN handshake complete on en1

I have no idea what the next item in the initialization sequence is so I really cant tell what is causing the system to hang like this, but any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Its running the latest version of Snow Leopard on a 1st Generation MacBook with 2GB of RAM

Reaction score
I installed Snow Leopard last night. The install was successful but all of my apps were frozen. I rebooted my Mac and now my whole OS seems to be frozen. I can log in but then I get the spinning wheel for ever!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.