Bose speakers make complications

Reaction score
Hey guys, I just got a set of the Bose Companion 2s and while they're pretty good, they will make my computer pause and unpause itunes.

It seems random in occurrence or if I move them to close to the speakers. Is that normal?

-rockstate

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, and Macbook Pro
I've never heard of speakers causing a computer to pause in running an application. In fact, I don't even think it's possible. I'll accept your claim if you connect another set of speakers, and iTunes plays normally. Otherwise, I'm thinking it has to be a problem in iTunes. If it were another component or function of the computer, then you might hear momentary drop outs or skipping, but not pausing. Pausing has to be caused by the player starting and stopping. Leastwise that's how it seems to me.

OP
R
Reaction score
Hmmm, I was listening to a youtube video in one forum when itunes unpaused and started playing.

I dunno why it did that...

What you say is exactly what I thought too. I dunno how it's doing that. I'll see if I can get a video tomorrow of it.

-rockstate

OP
R
Reaction score
All I have is Safari open and itunes miraculously opens and starts playing the first song in the play list. Then it pauses and stops for about 30 seconds to only do it again. I had a forum open on Safari, that was it.

Any ideas?

-rockstate

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.