G3, no response

Reaction score
I am new to the Mac world. I have a what I believe is a G3 with os 9.5 on it. It boots to the main screen and I have no response when I try to click on anything. I have been told before that the monitor may be the cause but I have a brand new lcd monitor hooked to it now. Any help or suggestions would be great.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
That thing is over 10 years old. What are you trying to do with it? Do you have any discs with it? If you are a collector or something that is cool, but if you are going to try getting anything done with it you might want to get something a little (a lot) newer.

OP
K
Reaction score
I have no disks for it and it is more for my kids to fool around with. It seems like it isn't booting all the way.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
The main screen?

Do you see icons? If so, what happens when you hit the Tab key? That should cause the icons to be highlighted, one at a time, in progression, and it repeats...

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I am new to the Mac world. I have a what I believe is a G3 with os 9.5 on it. It boots to the main screen and I have no response when I try to click on anything. I have been told before that the monitor may be the cause but I have a brand new lcd monitor hooked to it now. Any help or suggestions would be great.

Can you see the icons? Can you move the "mouse pointer"?

Why would the monitor be the problem?...the monitor only allows you to see things. If you can "see things" than it's not the monitor.

BTW...there is no OS 9.5...the latest version of OS 9 was 9.2.2.

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Try starting her up with the shift key pressed, that will start up OS9 without extensions and may get her to boot.

If not get back to us

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.