Editing Photos With iPhoto

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5 17", 1.8 Ghz, 1GB RAM
Just wondering, is there a way to have iPhoto edit the picture itself rather that saving a copy of the original picture and saving a new changed picture? Can I also have iPhoto stop making those folders that are made when I edit a new picture? Thanks! :biohazard

T

Tel

I'm not really sure why you'd want it to do that. Do you mean you want it to stop backing up your images?

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5 17", 1.8 Ghz, 1GB RAM
Well here's the thing, when I edit photos with iPhoto, two imgaes are saved, the original and the edited. All the images are scattered in the iPhoto folder in Pictures according to the dates I first viewed it with iPhoto. Iwas wondering if you could just have iPhoto edit the picture itself, not saving another file as the newly edited photo.

T

Tel

I think the easiest way of doing that would be to edit them in iPhoto, select all of the images you have edited in iPhoto, drag them to a folder of your choice then delete all the iPhoto archive, you should be able to set up an Automator script to do it for you.

I still don't see why you would want to do it that way though. I have my iBook set up at the moment (using a custom Automator script) to transfer RAW files from my camera, burn them to a blank disk and then import them into a new album in iPhoto, I'm happy that iPhoto keeps all the originals. I also periodically back my iPhoto archive to my external hard drive. I like the fact that I have my photos stored in 3 places, I would hate to lose any of them.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.