Need suggestion on 15" MBP

Reaction score
I am going to be buying my first MacBook Pro later this week. But I need some help picking which 15" model I need.

I am debating between two systems. My primary use is for photography editing via Photoshop. It is just a hobby for me; not my full time job by any means. I have been running Photoshop on my 2 yr old Dell Latitude and it works pretty well. It gets bogged down sometimes when opening mulitple RAW files, but overall it works pretty good. 4gb of ram on that machine.

Will I see a noticiable difference between the following two machines:

2.66GHz with NVIDIA GeForce 9400M + 9600M GT with 256MB

compared to the

2.8GHz with NVIDIA GeForce 9400M + 9600M GT with 512MB

I know on paper it sounds like a huge benefit to get the 2.8, but I would really prefer to use the extra money towards buying more Adobe programs. But will I be kicking myself later if I don't get the upgraded video card?

Any help would be appreciated. I can not wait to order my 1st Apple! I have been waiting a long time for this!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
If you think the two year old Dell works pretty good, then by all means save the cash and get the cheaper machine.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.