Graphics card problems with Bootcamp windows 7

Reaction score
I really need some help. I recently switched to a Macbook Pro from a lifetime of windows - but sadly I still need to use windows from time to time espically for gaming. And I have a big problem.
I have a Macbook Pro, 4 gigs of ram, 15.4 inch screen, with the Nvidia 9600gt graphics card, Running Snow Leapord.
I went out and got a copy of Windows 7 - installed the 64 bit version through Bootcamp. It all worked well. But Windows will not recognize my graphics card... at all. It is not in the device manager and when I try to install the drivers from the nvidia site it says that I do not have the hardware. Windows says I have a "generic VGA adaptor"

Is it possible that apple lied to me and did not put a graphics card in my computer?
Is there a way to turn it on somehow?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
OP
C
Reaction score
I tried to run the update but I must be doing something wrong. I opened it after it downloaded and it just gives me a text file filled with gibberish. Am I being too much of a mac noob?

OP
C
Reaction score
Well, I installed the updates and it still does not see my graphics card. I will wait for the update. But I'm curious... has no one else had this problem? Really?

Reaction score
hi, yeah i have the same problem except im on 32-bit vista not 7.
really appreciate some help...

Go to the Nvidia.com web site - you can download the latest drivers there.

you cant install the drivers, as there apparently is no graphics card..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.