Crystal View LCD for PowerBooks?

C

cheezies

I'm wanting to purchase a 12" powerbook, it's the perfect combination of features and price for me, but the LCD display does not feature "crystal view". I've seen sticker sheets that you can put onto the LCD, but I can't seem to find them for sale in North America, only in Japan.

Likewise, will Apple release a revision of powerbooks with "crystal view" LCD's stock?

OP
J

jessica

Seriously doubtful from what I can tell.
But Crystal View isn't everything. If you really want that, I think HP has it.

OP
K

Kokopelli

I am not endorsing the product or the supplier but you can get the film from here:

http://powersupportusa.com/products/pb/

I am not endorsing the product because I have never used it. The company is in the process fo royally pissing me off. I ordered a wrist rug from them on March 17 and am still waiting on delivery. I intend to call again tomorrow and see what is happening. (They claimed a supplier mixup was the reason for the delay and that it would be shipping 10 days ago. The phone support was very polite though.)

Reaction score
what is crystal view? i'm getting a 12" soon, what kind of difference does it make?

OP
E

embries

Hmm clicking the link that he provided I found this.

The Crystal film has a glossy finish which will not only protect your display but will produce more vibrant colors. The special Crystal film not only reduces the utlraviolet radiation emitted from the monitor by 99%, reducing the burden on your eyes but controls the deterioration of your liquid crystal monitor by blocking out ultraviolet light and protects it from scratching and dirt.

The Crystal film is made from a material that does not require tape to apply to the monitor so all you need to do is place over your display

OP
C

cheezies

embries said:
Hmm clicking the link that he provided I found this.

The same link also provides a "anti-glare" film. I believe it is similar to the film used on mainstream laptops like Toshiba to block out glare, whereas the "crystal" is just a protection film. Can someone verify this?

OP
B

blueturtles

i kinda like my powerbook the way it is. i had a palm pilot before and put that extra film, and it always had bubbles and it was never as bright. i kinda trust apple enough to feel like my display is the way it should be. i wouldn't add anything. just keep your computer clean and out of the sun to avoid the UV rays.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.