msn messenger for mac ?

Reaction score
i'm looking for an application to chat, using my hotmail account ..
i've tried several applications like adium, aMSN, JBuddy Messenger, mercury, and so on .. but none of them supports video chatting ..
do you know any application of that kind ?
it's ok if i have to use a yahoo account or so, but i want to be able to chat with windows msn users too ..
thanks ..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac / 3gb ram
aMSN supports video chat. I'm not sure if it does audio chat however. I use aMSN video chat all the time with windows MSN users.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
It's been a while since I used aMSN so got the latest version and tried it. Audio and Video. You have to set it up in Preferences.

OP
E
Reaction score
i'd been using aMSN too, and it was working fine .. but then i changed my computer and got another macintosh .. and aMSN's video chat just stopped working ! it says that microsoft messenger uses another format for video chatting and that aMSN does not support that .. i've reloaded it and all, but i couldn't get it working ..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube 450MHz, MacBook Air 11" 2013, iMac 21.5" i3, iPad 1,1 32GB
You could use Skype for video chat?

Its the 'fix' I found a long time after I gave up looking to video chat to all my non-Mac friends back when I was at school. It isn't a solution to your problem, but it could be an option.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.