Snow Leaopard

Reaction score
I have tried loading the new operating system but get the attached message.
Have followed all instructions including reinstalling backup but still the message appears. HOW DO i change the volume to GUID Partition if it wont let me?

Picture 4.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
In disk utility.
What Mac are you trying to install onto, and are you using the correct generic disc?

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
What do you mean "it won't let me"?

What happens when you follow the instructions in that pic and select the GUID partition scheme?

And what Mac are trying to install SL on?

Reaction score
You could have provided a little more details.
My guess:
You bought a new disk, installed it on your machine and are trying to install Snow Leopard.
Most disk you buy today are pre-formated for Windows - you have to fix that.
You have to use the Disk Utilities program to create a partition for the Mac OS Extended (Journaling) and make sure you select the "option" button - there you will probably find that "Master Boot Record" is checked.
Check the "GUID" button.
Now commit the new partition and you should be fine.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.