Trackpad

Reaction score
How is the trackpad on the MBP? It is much larger than most of the other laptops out there but it has a one button clicker. I am concerned about the sensitivity and the transition from a "left click right click" mentality.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Unibody 2.26 Dual, 2GB RAM, 250 GB HDD
It is graceful and elegant, and if you still feel you need a right click, you can set a corner to be a right click.

Reaction score
The "one button clicker" isn't even relevant. It's completely unnecessary.

The trackpad is aware of various types of touch. It can understand a slight tap to be a click, and two fingers tapping to be a right-click. Scrolling up/down and left/right is done through two finger gestures as well.

The accuracy in my experience is very, very high in OS X. It rarely misinterprets my motions and I am pretty impressed. Booting to Windows 7 is another story entirely. The trackpad is turned up way too high on the sensitivity and is very tricky to use. I suspect this is just due to Apple providing a minimal functionality driver for Windows.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Has anyone noticed a difference with that trackpad and XP under bootcamp. I admit I don't use it often because I usually have a keyboard and mouse attached but the difference the Mac and PC side obvious. Particularly in the amount of pressure needed for a click.

Reaction score
In my experience, my trackpad for my MBP has NEVER misinterpreted my gestures or did a normal click when I wanted a right click. And yeah, I use two fingers. Its so addicting. When I use my friend's PC computers, I find myself bugged out by the uber small trackpads and lack of multi-touch interface.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
alMB, 2.0C2D, 2GB, 500GB, SD, etc
In my experience, my trackpad for my MBP has NEVER misinterpreted my gestures or did a normal click when I wanted a right click. And yeah, I use two fingers. Its so addicting. When I use my friend's PC computers, I find myself bugged out by the uber small trackpads and lack of multi-touch interface.

It really is a life-changer. My friend just got a new MBP and always raves about multi-touch gestures and the trackpad.
In other words: it's awesome. ;)

As someone already mentioned, I suspect the differences in functionality between OS X and Windows has something to do with Apple's driver--intentional or not.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
I really think that the only thing apple related that is cooler then the trackpad is the iPhone ! I can't even imagine using a notebook without one. When I first bought my MacBook I also bought a mouse and keyboard thinking I wouldn't want to use the trackpad all the time.....wow was I wrong !

Clay

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.