HELP! How To Unlock My iPhone 3G 8GB (to use overseas)

YaZ

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
I received a used iPhone 3G 8GB from a friend who lives in Manhattan NY, however, the phone wont allow me to use my local carrier (here in YEMEN). Is it possible to UNLOCK my iPhone?? I have already Jailbroken it, which leaves only the Unlock process to allow other sims to be used.

Responses will be appreciated. By the way, it took me almost 3 days to jailbreak the iPhone due to MY NON-KNOWLEDGE OF THE TERMS used to implement the process. So some user-friendly assistance will be EXTREMELY helpful.

Cheers.
YaZ

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
Hello YaZ,

I believe that the forum rules state that we're not allowed to discuss any matters pertaining to anything which might go against Apple's EULA. I did a search on this and found: http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/iphone-hardware-accessories/80600-iphone-eula.html

However, you'd be very well advised by me to go and visit The Apple section at the Howard Forums

It's a mostly friendly phone oriented community with a lot of geeks who will help you in these matters. To be honest though, you can probably help yourself without much help from anybody since all the answers you seek are pasted in stickies at the top of that page I linked. Unlocking is a straight forward process.

BTW, I got my 3G in NYC as well, and am now using it in Hungary with Vodafone.

Doug

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.