error code 0x80020025 with blank DVD-r

D

DLyon44

After installing Tiger I tried to burn a dvd, so I tried to open it in the finder like I usually do and it gave me this error code (0x80020025) disc could not be used because the disc drive is not supported. It's a superdrive that came with the computer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac C2D 24" and MB C2D
did you try a restart? i tried a restart when i had a similar problem after installing tiger, and it worked like a charm.

OP
D

DLyon44

Well, problem fixed. I searched the web and I saw a suggestion to reset the pram by holding down command, option, p and r on start up. That did the trick!

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Glad you found the answer to your question. I had no clue to what may be the cause or answer.

OP
M

mattberry

thanks

DLyon44 said:
Well, problem fixed. I searched the web and I saw a suggestion to reset the pram by holding down command, option, p and r on start up. That did the trick!

Thanks, man. I was about to shoot my computer. I had tried 3 different dvd-r and some dvd+r. But nothing. I reset the pram and it works fine.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.