slow internet

Reaction score
I have a new Macbook that is about 1 month old. I have a netgear WNR2000 router and Comcast. I setup the computer about 5 ft through 1 wall from router. The internet was working real fast until about 4 days ago. Now it loads for about 30-45 seconds each time. My PC isn't slow now so I don't think it is a Comcast problem.
Any suggestions where to start. Should I try to hook up straight to the modem and see if it is faster. What would have made it slow all of a sudden? I had downloaded a pdf e book but have taken it off because of the slowness. Any thing I could check on the computer?
I did the speed test and it was 15.47 download 1.99 upload and 57 ping.
Appreciate any help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, and Macbook Pro
Clear your Mac browser's cache. Reboot both machines. Run the same speed test, at the same time, on both the Mac and PC. Tell us the results.

What browser are you using on the Mac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
And switch off the modem at the mains and let it stand for five minutes and switch power back on which resets the router.

OP
B
Reaction score
Thank you so much for responding. I appreciate it. I turned both off, unplugged modem and router and it rebooted both and cleared cache. So far it seems so much faster now. It was now 16.06 2.65 upload and 54 ping. The pc is 15.71 2.51 upload and 42 ping.
Not having anything to compare it to not sure if that is okay or good.
I am using Safari. I was thinking of going to Firefox. Others had recommended it.
Thanks again. I depend on forums for quick info.

OP
B
Reaction score
Spoke too soon. Somewhat faster but not as fast as it was. Anything else I could try?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Not knowing anything about Netgear equipment, has the warranty expired? That is usually hen they start to die with other routers when have had problems..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book Pro
any recent updates on ur machines if you cud remember of, have a look in to it as well

Reaction score
Heh cool !!
You may not cleared out your cookies , i feel it will be reason for your internet slow process .
Go to browser then click tools & clear private data in it ..
Then check out the speed of the internet in this site IP Details.com : Internet Speed test
I found that speed of the internet in this site & got nice solution ..
This site provide internet speed test at cheap cost & they are very much good in providing services ...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.