Syncing files to windows home server

Reaction score
I am currently in the process of setting up a new workflow for my photo files and need the ability to sync a folder on an external drive connected to my mac, with my windows home server but I'm not quite sure what is the best method to do this ie. use rsync to copy the files to the shared folder on windows, or do it all on the windows home server end.

What's more I really only need to copy/backup only those files that were created on a daily basis. So for example if I import some pics from my DSLR into a pictures folder I would want a process to run early in the morning, every day, that finds any new files in a specific folder and puts them on the windows home server.

can someone help suggest the best way to do this? As far as I'm aware there are not a lot of mac applications that can do this.

Cheers.

OP
M
Reaction score
Awesome! Never heard of that one, I'll give it a try. And $40 is pretty good price too!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
Well worth it. Great app.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
md, are you using a win home server?

Have one, but don't use it with my Mac except for primary iTunes storage.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
md, are you using a win home server?

Have one, but don't use it with my Mac except for primary iTunes storage.

It was just an XP machine in my basement. I sync my tunes there and then point my Sonos system at it. I also use it with an external drive on my AirPort. I just assumed it would work with WHS.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.