Mophie Juice Pack Air...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook /intel core 2 duo/ 2GB RAM/250GB HD/Snow Leopard...iPhone 4 (:
hey im just wondering if any of you use the Mophie Juice Pack Air for your iPhone 3G(s).....i was thinking about getting it, i found one on ebay for fairly cheap. i just want to know from people that have it if u charge the case all the way up then turn it off and use the iphone, when u turn it on does it use the battery from the case or does it only work in which it drains the battery from the Juice Pack first then it starts draining ur iphone battery, if u can use it where u turn the pack off then u can drain the pack once ur battery is dead i will deff. buy it. Also let me know the quality of this product and if u drop it does it break right away or break easily, because it is a phone case and i need a good case that actually works, and this one looks sick bc it has extra battery in it.

mophie Juice Pack Air - Case and Rechargeable Battery for iPhone 3G/3GS (Red) - Apple Store (U.S.)

OP
I
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reaction score
honestly sort of confused how u worded your question.
But if you read the product info it says when the case is plugged in and on it will drain from the case.

I'm also looking for a external battery for my iphone 3GS since at the moment I can barely get one day if I am using back to back which I do most of the time.

From what I can read from the apple store site... there are better options if the functions are compared separately.

Personally I would rather get a good case and a small back up battery unit to carry around with me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
It will always drain the Mophy first, then the iPhone. I tried one of these for about a month. The first one was defective and I kept the second for the full 14 days and then turned it back in to Apple for a refund. It just never lived up to it's promise for.

You would think that if you turned the pack off and ran off the iPhone or just turned it on to charge the phone occasionally it would last longer, but you'd be wrong. It was just the opposite in real life. I get about 8 hours of regular use battery life out of my iPhone, this thing turned it into maybe 11 tops. In the end, not worth it for me.

OP
I
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
yeah thanks for the info, because i would have bought it if i could drain the battery first on the iphone then switch it on and drain the juice pack. thats soo stupid you cant do it that way. goshhh

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
yeah thanks for the info, because i would have bought it if i could drain the battery first on the iphone then switch it on and drain the juice pack. thats soo stupid you cant do it that way. goshhh

You can do that, but it actually shortens the life of the juice pack. You'll get better results by leaving the pack on. I tried exactly what you want to do when I first got it and was hugely disappointed.

OP
I
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i finally decided to go get it today! i got it in black, its a little bulky but you have to realize there's a battery inside of it....i like how it has the battery gauge like a mac has :) also you can shut it off so that your phone battery drains out first then you can switch the case on and it charges the phone back up. i did it today when my phone died while i was at my friends house. right out the box it has a full battery (all of them do)......defiantly happy with the product/purchase so far...we'll see how it holds up.

oh and btw i only paid 30 bux brand new for it =p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook, 2.13GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo, 150GB HDD, 2GB DDR2 Ram
I had one of these, didnt really like it. For the cost it didn't meet my needs as it only gave an extra few hours and for i believe £60 i paid wasn't worth it. Plus it was with the added bulk added to my disliking of it, but i thought it was fairly slim considering it had a battery in it.

So i returned it and got a simple battery back up for £20, charges through USB and can fully recharge the iPhone 3g two full times, and its no bigger than a credit card and no thicker than my index finger, pretty sweet :) It charges trough the iPhones usb cable

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.