Noob question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
unibody macbook
Hi everyone,

I am new to mac. Just jump ship from pc... it's all those 'hi I'm a mac... and I'm a pc..." commercials that sold me.

Lol... no just kidding. I have always been interested in macs but finally did it because I got offered an amazing deal I couldn't turn down. Been using my unibody macbook for a week now and I'm not turn back!

So, here's my question...

First day... didn't know what I was doing... accidently deleted my address book.

How do I get it back?

Thanks and sorry about the noob question.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
First day... didn't know what I was doing... accidently deleted my address book.QUOTE]

Hi, and welcome. :)

Did you delete the actual Address Book Application (in your Applications folder)? If it isn't still in the Trash, then you can use your OS disc and reinstall that specific app from the disc.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
How did you delete address book ??
Did you actually put it in the trash and then emptied your trash ?

Or did you accidentally drag it from the dock and it went up in a puff of smoke ??

If it was the latter all you need to do is go into Applications and it should be there ..

Press command>space bar and that will bring up spotlight, in the top right corner of your screen and then type in address book.... If its anywhere on the system it will show you where ....

That would be easier than going into applications at this point in time

Cheers and welcome

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
unibody macbook
Yes, I completely deleted it. I searched in my applications folder and in spot light.

I'm sorry guys... I thought it was like pc where you are only deleting the short cut.

I clicked on it and dragged it to the trash and empty it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
If it isn't still in the Trash, then you can use your OS disc and reinstall that specific app from the disc.

Do as MYmacROX suggested ^^

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
unibody macbook
Cool thanks guys! I'll give that a try.

I have another question... I've been reading online mac claims that the macbook can get 5 hours of battery.

How? I get like 2 hours max!

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
The 5hr battery claims are at 60% screen brightness and that's usually with just light web browsing.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.