Mac mini second hand help...

Reaction score
Ok so i have my eye on a second hand Mac mini to keep my kids of my mac ....
Can you believe kids these days 5 and 7 and they use it more than me but i am worried about them messing my stuff up..So getting back to my point the Mac mini second hand from Ebay i assume will come with sellers key ring lock on ...How do i get rid of all his stuff including his passwords and reset them to mine ?

Also can i run this on my small LCD TV screen ??? If not what should i be looking for ?

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Once you buy the Mini, you should have the current owner freshly install a new copy of the OS, Leopard or Snow Leopard on there and then send it to you and you can then set it up like a brand new machine with your own username/password and so on..

I run my Mini connect to a 20.1" LCD and that works fine, the Mini will support a maximum of 1920x1200 resolution, so anything up to like 24" are fine..

Regards

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
And make sure the seller includes the original system discs with the machine. They are critical.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
yep, I also recommend the simple finder for kids.. at least it keeps them outa places they simply shouldn't be

OP
R
Reaction score
Thanks guys and gals your a great help...
What cable will i need to connect to my VGA LCD Phillips TV screen ? 640x480p...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.