Battery Issues MacBook Pro

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 13 Inch Aluminum 2.26 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo 2 GB
I have had my MBP for about 6 months and it seems like the battery used to last forever as opposed to now it's only lasting a couple of hours. I find I have to charge it a lot more often. Am I doing something wrong? I go back and forth between using the adapter and running it on just the battery and I have let it discharge completely more than once. Sometimes the battery does get really low like 4% and then when I open it I have to plug it in right away. Is that bad to do? I have a widget on my dashboard and it says health = 97% cycles =155 that seems like a lot of cycles? How many am I going to get before I have to replace this battery?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
6 months isn't long and it should last you a lot longer than that.
Check this info out for calibrating your battery to get the best performance/life out of it. :)

OP
I
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'll read it thanks.

OP
I
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ok I read all that and I am still confused. Can someone explain it to me? I still don't understand why my battery is only lasting a couple of hours as opposed to when I got it it lasted like 7. Something is not right. I let it drain completely at least once a month and sometimes more so my question is am I hurting it by letting it drain so low often?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
I let it drain completely at least once a month and sometimes more so my question is am I hurting it by letting it drain so low often?

Right... so then you follow steps 5 and 6 of those instructions.

If you follow that exactly and your battery STILL only lasts 2 hrs, then you should probably take it back and get the battery switched out. Might be a bad battery. But allowing it to drain at least once a month is NOT a bad thing.

OP
I
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ok thanks, it's just I am letting it drain more than once a month. I didn't know this was bad but based on what I read it's not good. I was not completing the process afterward. I will complete the process and then test to see how long the battery lasts after that. Thanks!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.