ichat issue

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" imac i5 w/8mgs memory
Hope everyone is enjoying their holiday season!

(I inadvertently posted this in the hardware forum so it may be familar, but here is the ichat issue)

Longtime PC convert to an Apple in the last two weeks..can't believe I did not do it sooner! I have an 27" imac i5 and bought my wife a 13.5" macbook as well. She is in Or for a few months and I am in Atlanta. Want to use ichat to talk to her.

She use AOL and has access to AIM. Can I setup a gmail account and use googletalk if she sets up ichat with AIM?

OR since we are both using Apples, does ichat have a default in an of itself with using an external account to take advantage of ichat?

PArdon my ignorance, but hard to get a grasp on the simplicity of Apple software after $#&&$# with PC's for so many years!! It may be so simple I am missing something, but if we both can use something like a gmail account then googletalk if better than ichat default, not a problem.

I see know why Apple users are such a passionate bunch!!

Thanks much,

Dale

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.