Problem downloading on iTunes Store

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.4 ghz 320 GB HDD 2GB DDR3 RAM - iPhone 4s 32 GB Black
Hi there. I am having trouble downloading Tom Tom Western Europe app on my Mac. Basically I started to download it at my house, I then had to pause the download and I closed the lid on my mac. I then went over to my girl friends house and opened the lid and clicked the pause button again to resume the download and it cam up with a error message saying that it could not download or something, so I clicked the round arrow retry button and it is now downloading but very very slow, like 5 kb the second. I have tried to delete the app and re download but when I delete it and re download it it starts from where it stopped downloading .... Is there a way I can fully delete it and start again or a way to make the download faster.

I did a speed test and we are receiving 6 MEG so its not our connection.

Thanks
Eagle.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Don't think so. Have the same issue with downloads from time to time.

I have not found rhyme nor reason for it yet, except that it's on Apple's end, not mine.
It's really a pitr when you just bought a TV show that you want to watch in HD... right now... and it's telling you it will take 4 hours to download a 40 minute show.

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Don't think so. Have the same issue with downloads from time to time.

I have not found rhyme nor reason for it yet, except that it's on Apple's end, not mine.
It's really a pitr when you just bought a TV show that you want to watch in HD... right now... and it's telling you it will take 4 hours to download a 40 minute show.

Hi thanks for your reply. Yeah I just find it odd because when I was downloading at home it was downloading at 125 kb's ... I have a 1.2 Meg connection at home as you can see from the download speed. But when I started downloading on my gf's connection it messed up. Must be iTunes.

Tried a system restart as well, that made no difference either :(

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Yep, one day it downloads the show in 20 minutes at 250 kb and the next day 4 hours at 2.5 kb on mine.

I also purchase videos from Amazon and view at quite a few other sites. Have yet to experience this issue with them, incl'g while I'm sitting waiting on iTunes.

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yep, one day it downloads the show in 20 minutes at 250 kb and the next day 4 hours at 2.5 kb on mine.

I also purchase videos from Amazon and view at quite a few other sites. Have yet to experience this issue with them, incl'g while I'm sitting waiting on iTunes.

Lol, just goes to show that Apple put our $'s &b £'s to use ;)

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ok so I got the download to work finally. There must have been a firewall or something going on at my gf's house because it said it had like 56 hours remaining ! Now it says 4 hours remaining ... Still slow but this is because I have only got a 1 meg connection at home :( Due to BT not fixing our line properly. Thanks allot BT !

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.