Itunes skipping problem

Reaction score
I was wondering if any of you guys had any ideas how to fix this. What i found is my music seems to skip/jump alot whenever i use spot light to open up a file in itunes. But if i physically go in to itunes and select a song, there is no problems at all. If anyone could help me out with this that would be great thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
A question to your question - why do you use Spotlight? I know that you're searching for a music file, but won't it already be in iTunes? Or do you (as do I) keep some music files separate from iTunes music folder? (I use VLC Player for them.)

If you're looking for a particular artist *within* iTunes, simply click anywhere in the Artist column, and press the first letter of the name.

As an alternative to Spotlight though, try Cmd-F from desktop. It's more thorough than S'light, and displays results better (I think). It may overcome the interference issue. I don't know why S'light messes with iTunes on your setup.

OP
S
Reaction score
A question to your question - why do you use Spotlight? I know that you're searching for a music file, but won't it already be in iTunes? Or do you (as do I) keep some music files separate from iTunes music folder? (I use VLC Player for them.)

If you're looking for a particular artist *within* iTunes, simply click anywhere in the Artist column, and press the first letter of the name.

As an alternative to Spotlight though, try Cmd-F from desktop. It's more thorough than S'light, and displays results better (I think). It may overcome the interference issue. I don't know why S'light messes with iTunes on your setup.

I guess i just like how fast it is, thanks for the tips though.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.