Anyone use a Logitech Quickcam 4000?

B

badmojo

I just ordered one of them for my coming iMac G5. I did not feel like shelling out $150 for the iSight, so I thought this was the next best thing. Few web cams run on the mac, anyways. Anyone running Tiger, use one of these? I'd just like to get some feedback on it.

Reaction score
Theres a program that allows you to use the Quickcam w/ iChat.

Well, I sold my quickcam (lol) to save up for an iSight. It's better intergrated into Tiger. Sorry.

OP
B

badmojo

djlee12 said:
Theres a program that allows you to use the Quickcam w/ iChat.

Well, I sold my quickcam (lol) to save up for an iSight. It's better intergrated into Tiger. Sorry.

Ok, I just got my new iMac G5 (Tiger) and plugged in my new Logitech Quickcam 4000 AFTER installing the newest software. The logitech software picks up the cam fine, but iChat does not. Are there any "tricks" to getting this to work or other, IM programs for Apple that video conference? Thanks.

Well, I found it here:
http://www.ecamm.com/mac/ichatusbcam/

It works as advertised and well worth the $10 (US), considering iSight is $150 (US).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.