Apple released software update for screen flickering?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27"| iPhone 4
I was just wondering why people are still worried about buying a 27" iMac. Apple released an update to fix the graphics card so why does it matter if the iMac you get has a flickering screen or not? :S

OP
Mint
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27"| iPhone 4
Sorry for double posting but this thread has remained unanswered for a long period of time and I would really like to find out why there are people on here worrying about purchasing a 27" iMac if the problem has been solved.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I have to ask: Why are you concerned about others worrying? If Apple has provided a solution for the screen flicker on its new 27" iMac models, then that's great. I'm sure everyone who has had that problem has been in contact with Apple support and now knows about the fix, but thanks for mentioning it anyway.

Regards.

OP
Mint
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27"| iPhone 4
I have to ask: Why are you concerned about others worrying? If Apple has provided a solution for the screen flicker on its new 27" iMac models, then that's great. I'm sure everyone who has had that problem has been in contact with Apple support and now knows about the fix, but thanks for mentioning it anyway.

Regards.

I am concerned because I have a 27" iMac and it did have the flickering screen problem. The software update to fix it arrived a few days/weeks ago and it has successfully worked. With this being the case I am curious to know why people are still afraid to buy a 27" iMac, I was wondering if there is something I don't know about, like perhaps to fix the flickering screen it means having to lower the resolution by a tiny amount or something silly like that.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.