I Can Burn CD's, read others, but can't read my own

Reaction score
Hi, I am new here and want to thank you all in advance for any help you offer.

I have a 4 year old iMac (2GHz Intel Core Duo) with a MATSHITA DVD-R UJ-846 cd-dvd drive that was replaced last year under Apple Care.

Here is my current problem. I can burn audio and photo CD's that work on other computers just fine, but when I eject them from my computer and then reinsert them it brings up the "you inserted a blank CD" box.

So far, I have tried store bought CD's and DVD's and both worked fine. I also tried photo and audio CD's burnt on another Mac and my computer read them as well. Can anybody help me out with what the problem might be, any fixes or further troubleshooting tests I need to perform ?

Thanks again

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
Welcome to the Mac-Forums.

What burning software are you using? Yours is a most unusual problem in that what you've burned is readable on other machines, and that other-Mac burnt disks are readable on your Mac - but not those disks you've burned. Usually it's a faulty optical drive, but that doesn't appear to be the case.

This *may* be a Permissions issue, peculiar to your computer. Download Onyx Titanium Software appropriate to your system, and run maintenance procedures, ie. repair permissions, and maintenance scripts. You might also perform a system optimisation (update).

OP
B
Reaction score
I am using the built-in Apple software to burn disks, I'll download Onyx tomorrow and let you know what happens next, thanks !!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.