Transfer photo files from View NX (Nikon) on mac powerbook to imac Aperature 2

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
emac, G4 laptop, G5, imac 2.4Ghz intel duo,
Hi,

I am running 10.5.8 on both machines and because i was having problems figuring out how to use nx though i have no doubts but that it is excellent software. I have read the instructions and things but just cannot get a handle on it. so i spent the big bucks and bought aperature 2. Now how to transfer my photo files from one computer to another.

I have fire wire connects.

There are about a 1,000 photo's in raw so there is quiet a bit of meg to transfer.

Thanks in advance for any quidance.

cheers
Maxy

Del

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2xQuad core 2.8GHZ
NX is only a RAW processing program, it does not organise photos in any way and so you are out of luck.

You will just have to manually copy them to the new machine, or bung them on an external drive and import them in to aperture (as referenced files) from the external drive

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
emac, G4 laptop, G5, imac 2.4Ghz intel duo,
Thanks for the reply. am I right in thinking that i would have to save them to something like a memory stick - i have a 8gb

cheers
Maxy

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.