um help please

Reaction score
i recently got a mac for xmas :D and i had to return it because the battery was dying to fast and my new one battery is saying it will last 5hrs instead of seven should i just wait it out because its a new one or take it back again
pls help i am new to macs

OP
A
Reaction score
help me pleas

i recently got a mac for xmas and i had to return it because the battery was dying to fast and my new one battery is saying it will last 4-5hrs instead of seven should i just wait it out because its a new one or take it back again
pls help i am new to macs

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
:(
If you feel like the battery on your Mac is not lasting as long as it is supposed to, take it back as soon as you can. Waiting will not help anything. Take it to the Genius Bar, and as long as it is still under warranty, they will be happy to replace it for you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Don't double/cross post.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
The 7 hours is an estimate based on certain ideal conditions. Run time will vary based on how you use your machine, plain and simple.

Ever head the term "your mileage may vary" said of cars? The same applies to batteries - they are not an exact science.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15" 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo and 4GB Ram Running Snow Leopard
The 7 hours is under optimal settings. So let's say..your screen brightness is all the way up, or your playing music when you check the battery, you are going to show less remaining battery. I would very seldom expect to achieve 7 hours. With my wifi turned on and my brightness up I usually get 4-5, but always a good 4 hours.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.