Parallels or boot camp?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.16ghz, 2gigram, 320HDD 7200rpm, dual-boot with XP.
I have boot camp running windows xp and im still using osx 10.4.11

Recently I've really wanted to switch to parallels so i can open up windows and and still be in osx at the same time.

Has anyone switched to this before? Im not sure how I would delete that windows partition and have osx regain that hdd space...

also if I were to go the parallels route where does everything get installed to?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
Gaming is the only reason I would ever use Boot Camp. Parallels is great. It will create the virtual machines in your Documents by default I believe. You can remove the Boot Camp partition in Boot Camp Assistant.

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.16ghz, 2gigram, 320HDD 7200rpm, dual-boot with XP.
Ok good, wanted to make sure taking off the bootcamp partition wouldn't mess with my OSX partition.

I'm assuming it's pretty easy to install Parallels then?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
Ok good, wanted to make sure taking off the bootcamp partition wouldn't mess with my OSX partition.

I'm assuming it's pretty easy to install Parallels then?

Simple. I was a Fusion user, but for me Windows 7 runs much better on Parallels. I ended up getting a sweet deal for coming over from Fusion.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.