How to REALLY Delete Firefox History

Reaction score
2006 Macbook 13", 4gigs ram, 180gig hard drive.

I just loaded the newest version of Firefox - AGAIN. I CAN NOT GET RID OF HISTORY. In Fact, I have under preferences under "Location Bar" "When using the location bar remember: 'Bookmarks' "

It is driving me nuts. Each time I try to go to Facebook a WHOLE LITANY of facebook searches comes up, including one for my old neighbor "Jill Harris" - right at the top - EVERY TIME! I have cleaned all cookies and everything FIFTY TIMES!!!!

Needless to say - Firefox does NOTHING when I click on one of the drop-down "prepopulated" guessed results. I have emptied my deleted items, I have 40-50 gigs of space free on my hard drive.

What the ****!? Anyone suffer this? Firefox is as fast as frozen molasses too.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
I'm going to assume from your post that you've been to Tools > Clear Recent History... Are you only clearing out cookies? If you want to get rid of the FB searches, try getting rid of "Form & Search History."

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13"
Maybe you should try Opera or Safari if you are having such a terrible experience with Firefox.

There are other options, ya know

Reaction score
I had the same problem, it is aggravating, wanted to delete old pages from the top URL buttion.
I'm on v. 3.6.20
I didn't find anything under preferneces or tools.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.